12 August, 2009

Nearly on the home stretch!!

I haven't updated in a while as I have been a bit busy getting my garment ready for entry into The Flair Awards!

The 'garment' consists of 2 pieces. A dress and a little cape/cloak to go over the top. I am also going to being adding a millinery piece - but I am going to do that last. :) So far I have nearly completed my cape. It just need to have fasteners attached and the final little finishing groom for threads.

I have just put my invisible zipper in my dress am now up to finishing that seam. Then I have to attach my boned lining to the main garment and finish with hooks and eyes and once agin a final groom! I will post pics when it is all done.

Even if it doesn't make it to the catwalk (not all garments are good enough) I have still learnt a lot about construction and even cohesiveness of a design. :) It has been a great experience.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Gloucester, NSW, Australia
I'm a 30 year old Aussie who likes to sew, read and who loves her job as a dance teacher. I have a bit of a thing for vintage and would love to find more things when I get the chance to go 'thrifting'! I am interested in fashion and design (both fashion and interior) so if you have a fashion/sewing/design blog drop me a line to check it out!

A shop for all things Lovely