23 January, 2010

Bargain Dress Form

My boyfriend (who is meant to be working) is currently off  'doing garage sales'. Don't ask...  Bloody paramedics...

Anyway I get a phone call it went something like this:

"You know that red dummy thing you have in your sewing room?"

"My dress form?"

"Yeah, that thing... do you need a new one?"

"Yes, and I know what sort I want to buy when I go back to work and start getting money again."

"Oh. I just bought you one."

"From where?"

"Oh, a garage sale. It was thirty bucks"

"Well I only want it if it works. The one I have is second hand and not all the dials work..."

"They guy said it has only been used once and is virtually brand new."

"Ok then, thanks sweetie."

"I bought you a present!"

Cut to 5 minutes later and he has shown up at the house with this.



I just pulled it out of the box and had a quick inspection and it does indeed appear to be brand new.

When I told Mr the he would have to get rid of the old one he replied with "Nah you can keep it and race them!"

A bargain at $30.00!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Gloucester, NSW, Australia
I'm a 30 year old Aussie who likes to sew, read and who loves her job as a dance teacher. I have a bit of a thing for vintage and would love to find more things when I get the chance to go 'thrifting'! I am interested in fashion and design (both fashion and interior) so if you have a fashion/sewing/design blog drop me a line to check it out!

A shop for all things Lovely