29 January, 2010

Pictures of my lovely glass!

As promised from yesterday's blog, here are the pictures of the lovely bowls I got at an Op-Shop. :)

I think they are probably vintage to some degree, lets say 70s, but I'm not 100% sure.

I still like them.


All of the above for $4.50! Woo Hoo!

Here is an example of the only other 2 types of bowls we have in our house. 




Good for everyday use, but well you know, just a bit boring. When we moved into our current house my boyfriend decided that we needed new plates and stuff. We already had the white. I came home to find these blargh looking beige things. See, he picked them to 'go with our kitchen' which has lovely cream tiles and stuff, but well I think they are just a bit boring. He liked them so I didn't say anything. I just like to have pretty bowls! So when I came across some that were cheap as chips, I couldn't resist!!


Here is a further breakdown. 



These lovely larger size bowls were $0.50 each. I ate my salad in one yesterday for lunch, and folks it was a decent sized salad at that so I'm pretty well pleased with them.




These ones were $2.00 for the 'set'. They are more your dessert sized bowls. Yet to use them, but I think they are quite lovely.




This one was $1.00. There was only one of them unfortunately. It is the same size as the 3 above. It has found a new home in my bathroom holding some of my more often used makeup.



Lovely. 

Oh, and here is a picture to demonstrate how bored I was yesterday...



I was so bored I cleaned out and organised my bathroom cupboard.

1 comment:

EmilyKate said...

Hey, top thrifty score!
Gosh, I really need to get 'bored' enough to organise our bathroom cabinet- it REALLY needs some rationalisation! I might get a bit excited about it if I can find some cute little bowls for makeups... shall have to look out for some!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Gloucester, NSW, Australia
I'm a 30 year old Aussie who likes to sew, read and who loves her job as a dance teacher. I have a bit of a thing for vintage and would love to find more things when I get the chance to go 'thrifting'! I am interested in fashion and design (both fashion and interior) so if you have a fashion/sewing/design blog drop me a line to check it out!

A shop for all things Lovely